It doesn’t take much for us to be happy in life. And often, it won’t even cost us any money. Here are 10 signs that you’re a truly happy person and if you’re not, here are 10 simple things to start adding to your day:
©2015 Susie Lee
Living your best will change from day to day. It doesn’t mean having it all together or being happy all the time – it means doing your best under the circumstances that you’re in. Here are some ways I remove stumbling blocks from living my best. By no means is this an exhaustive list but it’s a start…
What are some ways you live your best? I’d love to be inspired in hearing from you!
©2013 Susie Lee
Sometimes in order to move on, we need to let go of people (or things) in our lives. Occasionally, we have to let go for the sake of the other person so they can carry on with theirs. I’ve found letting go is hard but holding on is even harder. This painful process will tear your heart out and you’ll experience you’re not the same again. Life has a funny way of shaping us through our experiences, people and circumstances. Allow it to change you and reveal the next path before you.
Overtime, the act of letting go will restore your soul, re-balance your life and release your spirit. And the heart-strings that once used to tug so tight are now set free. So throw yourself into the wind and let go. Fall into the arms of emptiness and see what catches you. Close your eyes, walk away and take only the beautiful memories with you. Yes, your heart will ache, long and be desolate but ride out the wave of emotions and see where it carries you.
Trust that life will work out. Have faith that the days ahead of you will look brighter. And have the courage to face a new day. Open your palms and let go… and then wait to see what lands in your hands.
©2013 Susie Lee
Over the last few weeks, I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching and this is what my soul found:
1. Practicing the art of being rather than doing (it’s harder than I thought).
2. Letting go of controlling people by asking them what they want and respecting their answer.
3. Letting go of being a super hero (example: people pleaser, solver and rescuer) by simply listening.
4. Not being upset by criticism or feeling elated by compliments.
5. True forgiveness means wanting the best for that person.
6. My identity is not what I do, what I have or what others say I am.
7. Letting go of expectations I put on myself, automatically releases expectations I unconsciously place on others.
8. Learning to say ‘no’ without feeling guilty.
9. Learning to graciously accept help from others.
10. True freedom means letting go of perfection.
My soul searching will be an on-going quest as I’m forever changing, learning and growing. May your journey take you into deeper and unchartered places that will bring freedom, renewal and exciting discovery of yourself.
© Susie Lee 2012